The impact of COVID-19 on your pregnancy journey
During this unprecedented time, we need credible information from credible sources to make informed decisions. I’ll do my best to keep everyone informed and up-to-date.To help with your COVID-19 pregnancy journey, I’ve created information pages filled with helpful resources.
COVID-19 Antenatal Care (read more)
COVID-19 Postnatal Care (read more)
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG) has published advice and information for pregnant women and their families.
Here’s an overview of RANZCOG’s preventative/hygiene recommendations:
- Wash hands regularly with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
- Avoid anyone who is coughing or sneezing. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Social distancing and reducing general community exposure
- Early reporting and investigation of symptoms
- Prompt access to appropriate treatment and supportive measures if infection is significant
- While it will not influence response to the COVID-19 infection, everyone will reduce their risk of influenza through vaccination
I highly encourage my pregnant patients and family members to read RANZCOG’s advice in full:
Finally, please remember during this difficult time to stay calm and, above all, be kind to one another.
Dr Rachael Hickinbotham